Tuesday 18 September 2012

Starting out and finding your feet

So you've bought your first hook, your ball of wool and you're ready to go, so where do you find your patterns?
Well I bought the books, read the internet and watched the videos. I then started to find my own comfort - the way I liked to learn, the size of needle and wool and what I liked to create. I found watching videos on YouTube best, as reading the information could sometimes be confusing if you don't know the terminology correctly or if you don't know the origin of the material as the UK and USA have the same terminology for crochet, but they actually mean different things. I quite quickly realised that hats where more difficult than a scarf say as it requires counting and markers. I also realised that until you are comfortable and found your tension, something that's a pair, handwarmers for instant, may dishearten you as you may create a pair that aren't the same size.
You will, however, settle in and find your tension pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment